Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flat Reveal

Finally home sweet home, well sort of!

The flat is fabulous, and I love the neighbourhood around it!

I will take you on a virtual tour of my new home :)

First, is the Asian statue man that greets me to my bedroom. You guessed it...I definitely did not pick this out! I am dreading the possibility of accidentally breaking this thing! It belongs in a museum.

Here is my bed....already fitted with bedding....yep the landlords maybe went a little overboard in furnishing the place. There's tons of stuff in the kitchen (plates, cups, silverware, etc) - there's almost no room for my own things! It's a little weird.
And here is the wall facing my bed- lined with closet space!! Great organisation/storage opportunity here.

Here is my living room - it's actually not complete, the couch is going to be delivered in a few days. I'll update the blog for that. I can't wait to see what the couch looks like...I am not even creative enough to picture it considering the other things in this place.
Here is the wine rack on the end of the kitchen island, complete with some wine the landlord provided. I've never had my own wine rack!
Here is a view of the kitchen and dining table. This is where I am writing this right now!
Here is the living room with the "fabulous" red rug and blue space chair which was requested to be removed but the landlord refused....they really stick to their designer taste. I swear this place was designed for a man!

My stove.
Fridge- you may laugh at the size but this is actually pretty good for London standards!

The champagne the landlord provided. Saving it for something, not sure what :)
Here's an example of all the technical thingies. Lots of light swithes and plugs. That white box controls the heater....from room to room. Looks like a baby monitor to me. Like I said, not very female friendly here.
The freezer is separate from the fridge-a lot of freezers are just one tiny box so I'm happy I have three!
Trash can built in the counter.
Dishwasher
Bathroom- I like the sink
Bathroom, continued
Bathroom with towel warmer
Shower head
Shelves
All the wine and beer the landlord provided- I promise I haven't touched any of it!

The place looks a little gloomy because I took these pictures at night, but this weekend I'll post some pics of the communal gardens!

1 comment: