Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catching Up

Sorry for my absence. How about this for a grand entrance:

Last weekend I saw fireworks in Greenwich, where 80,000 people were in attendence!! The reason for the fireworks, or bonfire as they call it here, was because every 5th November they celebrate with a weekend of fireworks in commeration of the capture of Guy Fawkes, who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament with 36 barrels of gunpowder in the 1600's.

On the weekends I have been enjoying Chelsea. There are so many wonderful shops around and the neighbourhood is very charming. Every weekend in London there are tons of markets all over the city. The market in Chelsea has all sorts of ethnic food already made as well as cheese, vegetables, and meat that you can buy. I got two mini quiches: bacon and cheese and leek and cheese that were really good!

They are especially good heated up!
As promised, here are views of my patio on a sunnier day:
Are those palm trees? I am literally just noticing this right now haha. It's always dark by the time I get home because the sun sets here at 4pm so I haven't spent much time here.
Here is the view from my patio- it's the view of the communal gardens. (Think Notting Hill.)




This weekend I went to a Lebanese restaurant that was a set 35 GBP rate. There was so much food- 5 courses! We had two appetizers, a main entree, and two desserts. After we got to the second course I thought that was the whole meal and I was already stuffed...I barely ate the rest of the meal. Then a belly dancer danced around the restaurant and at the end of the night everyone at the restaurant was dancing...including families with grandparents!

Jessica and Joe finally arrived to the UK, so I also helped them get set up here! It's great that you can have a cell phone here practically when you get off the plane.

1 comment: