Sunday, November 14, 2010

Feels like home to me....

The reason why I was so silent last week was because I got my shipment in last weekend and was unpacking/cleaning/making up my home all week! I knew I would have guests over at the end of the week for a small house warming party that I had as well as the fact that Jessica and Joe were getting in to town. Unpacking involved finding the perfect place for everything as well as doing many loads of dishwashing and laundry. Finally though, it's starting to feel like home here. :)

I'll walk you through my place now- with some before and after shots!

Remember the main living area before:
Look at it now:

What has changed: The mirror has been hung, the couch ordered by the landlord was delivered, and I put pics to make it feel more like home!

Remember my bedroom before (very ominous Asian man guarding a minimalist/bland bedroom):

Look at it now:


What has changed: More color with blue throw and red and cream pillows that gives it a warmer feeling. Crystal lamps and perfume tray adds a more feminine and classic touch.
I made one splurge, which are these crystal lamps. Kiki, I think you'd like these lamps. They were the only personal style thing that I could really add to this place, so I thought the splurge was worth it....for my sanity!
I got the lamps from John Lewis department store....which is the most wonderful place in London. It's the most fabulous department store and it's less than a mile from me. I'm in heaven...I go there every weekend!
Remember the empty closet:
Look at it now:
What has changed: Well, the most fabulous dresser in all of Chelsea has moved in (just kidding). Also, I apologise for the mess...have not had a time to color code by seasons!
Remember the bathroom (which I have decided was not designed with a female in mind):

Look at it now:
What has changed: I took out the towels and added baskets that provide more storage space (since the bathroom has almost none) that contains all of my mess!

The Christmas spirit is very alive in London now, I'll be posting pictures soon of the spectacular displays I encounter on my daily commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment