Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Christmas in London is big as you can imagine in any major Western city. I decided to nix my promise of showing you the Christmas decorations on my route home, and get down where the real sexy Christmas decorations are- Mayfair....London's wealthiest area and where the serious shopping gets done.

Here's Picadilly Circus, London's version of Times Square- HAHA




And here is Regent Street....THE place you want to go shopping in London. Except for Christmas, because it's absolute madness here as you can see. Despite all sanity, I headed down here anyway.

I got the idea to head down here because I had gone to a client meeting in the area on Friday. I was with a partner, who was extremely excited to see the Abercrombie and Fitch store nearby. She seriously made us walk in while we were in our suits because she had heard that there were models all around the store. Think Abercrombie + beautiful young, fun people + accountants in suits....that really put my life into perspective! The place actually reaked of men's cologne, it was like someone was trying too hard!
I also walked down Bond Street, which is where all the high rollers drop some serious G's. Regent Street houses Banana Republic, Gap, H&M, as well as Burberry and Dior. Whereas Bond Street is home to Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Tiffany's, Harry Winston, and Prada.





Look at all the sparkly! And, yes I realise this is nothing compared to the US!! Can't wait to see the lights back in TX :)


Here's the Ritz, in case you want to book a room to keep all of the diamonds, furs, and purses you'll surely be buying on Bond Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment