Monday, October 4, 2010

Time Flies "Bye"...and Soon So Will I

Sorry for my terrible puns, I can't help but try! Everything is falling into place for London. The latest addition to my move progress is securing my plane flight....which leaves in approximately....well I'd rather not quantify this...it's too hard to believe! I recently was asked by a coworker what I would do on the plane ride over, and to be honest the thought had not crossed my mind! I was too focused on how many "essential" items I was going to cram into two suitcases and two carryons. (In fact tomorrow I'm going shopping for the biggest suitcase I can find!) Luckily, I've got people watching out for me and my lovely coworkers have bought me all the essentials I will need for my journey over!

First, was a bag filled with my favorite eye candy- magazines!!! Finally, people who get me! The best part of this gift though was the fact that two males picked these magazines out.....I really wish I could have been a bystander watching these two making the decision between the cover with Jennifer on it or the one with Angelina on it. Tough decision, but they passed with flying colors (I am totally on team Jen!). They even picked up a British Vogue. Genius.











When I arrive in London, I don't have to worry about being lost because they also bought me a box full of pocket maps of London. The box has like 50 maps in it, so I really have no excuse for getting lost :) I can think of a ton of fun things to do with these maps....like making all of my friends who visit go on crazy scavenger hunts to find my flat when they come visit.....jk :)












And finally, when I am on my walks they've got me covered with two scarves and an umbrella that eerily fit my style....it's amazing how well the people you work with know you! ;)












Thanks a bunch for a wonderful past three years in Dallas and all of the wonderful gifts and support!! I'm really going to miss seeing all of these people every day!
I also thought I'd use this post to explain my blog title, since I sort of got a little excited and never introduced it before. It's pretty simple, but in case you didn't know, I'm a Texan (born, raised, and never left until now) so this is where my soul and heart have taken root. However, I'm about to start looking through the world with a London eye for two years as I leave to work abroad. The London Eye also happens to be this lovely Ferris wheel below, which has become a landmark for London. It's also the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe. The London Eye is actually one of the few tourist spots in the city I have yet to explore in my travels. Hopefully I will not only get to know this landmark better but also metaphorically discover life through a Londoner's eye during my time there.

2 comments:

  1. that was so nice of your co-workers! what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting sad now. Totally jealous of your awesome gifts though!

    ReplyDelete