Saturday, October 30, 2010

Breakfast Champions?

I'm finding breakfast here is quite difficult to master. They don't have frozen waffles, my staple back home. They don't have breakfast tacos- major fail. Basically, I've been eating a croissant every day...which is fabulous, buttery, and flaky but not nutritious or good for the waistline! I hear their hot porridge is really good, so I guess I'll have to try that next! Next on my list to try is English muffins, but the prospects aren't looking so good!

Granola bars are basically nonexistent here as well. Kashi doesn't exist here, and I've only seen one flavor of Nature Valley granola bars at the store, which were of course quite expensive! I had been buying this thing called a Love Bar at Pret a Manger, in a pumpkin vanilla flavour. It was fabulously delicious...but mainly because the main ingredient was butter followed by caramel followed by chocolate. There weren't calories listed on it but I'm assuming that's because it probably contains 500 calories!

Any suggestions on breakfast and snacks?!

1 comment:

  1. croissant for breakfast everyday? love. no breakfast tacos? my interest in london jut went down a few points.

    ReplyDelete