Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Saturday In London


Happy Saturday from London! Today the weather was rainy, cold, and sunny. You always have to be on your toes here! I thought this picture was postcard worthy- definitely the best picture I've taken thus far I think!


Today I admit I got caught up British reality tv. I don’t even know what this show is called but it’s about teenager’s dramatic dating lives haha. It was a slow start to the day.

When I finally got out of the house, I journeyed down to my future neighbourhood, Chelsea. I got of Sloane Square Station and walked down King’s Road, which is a really hip and happening shopping area in Chelsea.


King's Road
I’m really glad I am living in this area, it has so many cute shops! I even found the one and only Anthropologie in London here!! Everything in Anthropologie is the same number amount...only it's all in pounds....so I probably won't be buying anything here!
I found an awesome chocolate shop.
I bought some chocolate champagne truffles with some kind of which chocolate power on the outside. The powder was amazing, but I forgot I don't really like to mix my alcohol with my desserts. I also bought cinnamon chocolate truffles. I have to say these were the most tasty chocolate I have ever had- it’s such a great combo. I’m definitely going to be treating myself to those a lot!
I also bought a British CD - Cheryl Cole! (P.S. they love hats here, and I have to say I could get on board with this...)

I have really been wanting this CD for several months, but found it impossible to buy in the states because of the licensing issues....I even tried to switch my Itunes account from US to a UK account. I have run into this problem a lot-now that I'm in the UK I can't watch US shows on Hulu, abc.com, or nbc.com because it knows I'm accessing the internet from the UK. Keeping my US Itunes account is my only hope at the moment! Anyway, Cheryl Cole's music is really good to work out to and will make you want to dance!

That's all for today, stay tuned for my post about washing clothes here....

No comments:

Post a Comment