Sunday, October 24, 2010

Real Life Harry Potter World

Today I went to Oxford for a little day trip with three other people here with my company- one from Chicago and two from Sweden. It’s a 20GBP train ride that takes about an hour each way. I don’t have too much time to write about it, but I thought I’d leave you some pics for eye candy in case you are having a boring Monday :) We had perfect weather for the trip!


Part of the River Thames

Bodleian Library - They used to give lectures and exams here in the Seventeenth Century. The walls are lined with windows so that they could have a source of light because candles were not allowed in the library, and exams were public so people could watch you take them!

Fear God. Love the Brotherhood. Honour the King.
This is the dining hall (students actually eat here) and it is also the dining hall from the Harry Potter film. There are also influences from Lewis Carroll’s Alice In Wonderland…but I didn’t quite catch it all. (sorry it’s a terrible photo, I’ll have to look for some better ones from someone else in the group)


Beautiful gardens outside Christ College….I could live here

View from the top of the University Cathedral
My fellow travelers in front of the copy of the Venice Bridge


Perfectly manicured lawns

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Hope you had a good weekend:) We miss you here in the States!!!

    ReplyDelete