Saturday, April 9, 2011

Six Months In London!!

It's crazy for me to think that I have been living in the UK for six months. I feel like I barely know it. I thought for this occasion I would reflect on my journey thus far...

It all started with years of wanting to move to London. It was a far-off fantasy. When the time and privilege came for me to make the move, it was harder and scarier than expected, and it felt less certain in reality than in my dreams.

First, I had to say goodbye to the comfort of seeing the best friends a girl could ask for on a regular basis.....
it's not the same without having you girls around all the time!

Then I had to say goodbye to family that I also saw on a regular basis...
Basically I was saying goodbye to everything that I knew. The people I was closest to would not be easily accessible. I was voluntarily removing myself from things that I had blindly taken for granted. That was when I really started to panic. Doubts were definitely filling up my mind.

But, Jessica and Joe were also here, and we made the most of Christmas Eve.
On top of that, I made many beloved friends who welcomed me with open arms. It was so much more than I could ask for.

I also met a wonderful guy who makes every day here even more enjoyable.

Overall, it's been quite a journey....I can't wait to see what is next over the next six months. I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip to Croatia and Austria, my mom's visit, and all of my friends' upcoming visits!

As I have mentioned before, the weather in London has been incredible in the spring. I had a free weekend, so I was able to enjoy a day at the park with dear friends. We journeyed to Hampstead Heath which is in northwest London, the suburbs of the rich and famous.

Lots of greenery and winding roads!
Absolutely gorgeous weather in London means everyone is at the parks, stripping down to get some sunlight. There is no tanning at the pool...you just layout it in the grass!


We also brought a ridiculous amount of picnic food. The only people who ended up eating it were the Americans, typical!
I ended the night with a little celebration of my six months here as well as my accomplishment of getting through this busy season!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Aw I loved reading this! I miss you tons and I'm so glad you are loving your journey!

    ReplyDelete