Monday, April 18, 2011

Park Life II

All of this gorgeous spring weather is having a real effect on me, and I'll explain that effect later. First, let's marvel in the rare beautiful images of some of Britain's best.

The other weekend I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym when such rare gorgeous weather was making an appearance, so I made a compromise to walk to St. James's Park. That's a round trip of 5 miles!
Just think, in about a week's time this whole area will be packed with perhaps the most people it's ever been packed with for the Royal Wedding (Don't worry, I will have a Royal Wedding post soon!). Meanwhile, it was quite packed enough just to see the sunlight!



Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, this "hot" weather has sure got me craving ice cream.
However, I didn't want to come to London (capital of some of the worst food in some people's opinions) just to gain weight. Thank God I found an alternative worth substituting, and I crave it all the time now. Meet the banana soft serve. I know what you may be thinking, but believe me, it's the most simple and shocking delicious natural wonder- I don't think you will go back! See one of the original postings about this. Even Glamour has written about it!

The concept is simple. Freeze 2-3 ripe bananas. Stick in food processor (it gives better results than a blender). Let the food processor do its thing for 3-5 minutes until you get that fluffy ice cream texture. Then, enjoy. You don't even need to add sugar!
mMMMmmmm
I did jazz mine up with some natural chocolate sauce made from agave nectar and cocoa power and sprinkled coconut shavings on top! It was AMAZING, and I felt much better afterwards than if I had eaten real ice cream.
Give it a try! (At least you won't feel guilty for it!)

1 comment: