Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Big Feastival

Last weekend I went to the Glee concert here at the O2. It's a huge venue....hopefully you can tell from this dark picture just how far away we were with our £53 tickets!
Unfortunately I don't have any amazing pictures to share from this concert. This is one of my many failed attempts at photographing the cast. I blame it on the purely awesome show effects. Pictures wouldn't do it justice anyway.
The Glee cast was highly entertaining, and they sang very well in person!

I've also been doing a lot of eating lately...
This weekend I also enjoyed more music and food at the Jamie Oliver Feastival! There were tickets on sale through Living Social (just like groupon here) for £18. I think the original price was £35.

However, we managed to spend quite a bit of money despite our discounted entry fee. First, we started with the super fresh bar. Michael had Pimms (classic English fruit punch drink like sangria), and I had some kind of fizzy drink (pictured right). It was really strong and not as tasty as it looks in this picture.
Then we proceeded to the FOOD. I am hitting myself now for not photographing all of the food we ate. This was one of my favourites...pork tacos from Wahaca mmmmMMMMmmmm.
We also had:
  • Pit Smoked Barbecue Pulled Pork Shoulder and Slaw from Barbecoa (one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants)
  • Okonomi-yaki (Japanese savoury pancake) with Organic Chicken, Organic Cheese, English Asparagus and Konnyaku from Abeno
  • Porchetta Mufuletta -The apprentices homemade foccacia with slow roasted Dalgarnock pork ‘Italian style’, crisp fennel and leaf salad at Fifteen (another Jamie Oliver restaurant where he took 15 people without jobs and taught them how to cook...it's expensive though!)
And for dessert, this triple chocolate brownie with marscapone cream.

And, prosecco :)
Later on Jamie spoke, all of the ticket sales went to charity!

And then concerts....!
The headliner Athlete was really good!

This was a very fun London thing to do. I hope you guys have a wonderful 4th of July!! I'll be at work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment