Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trying New Things

This weekend was actually a rain free, sunny, and beautiful weekend. We don't get much of those here! It's been incredibly cold...I'm shivering every night and wearing a trench coat, boots, and scarf still!

On this beautiful day, I had to take advantage of the rare appearance of the sun, and I also have been meaning to practice using my new SLR camera I have bought. I've kept it on autofocus for now as the world of photography is completely new to me. I'm hoping that my blog posts can improve with better photography though! I also hope to take quality pictures during my impending Iceland trip!

So I headed to St. James's park for a chance to get acquainted with my camera. I'm not going to guarantee that my pictures are of the highest quality, but hopefully they will get there!




After a hard's day work of photography, I headed to a Mexican restaurant that I have been dying to go to, Wahaca. I have to say, it's still not quite TexMex (sigh). We got a sampler plate that included several "unique" dishes. I think I'm still on Team Cantina Laredo if I have to have my pick in London! They've got the best margaritas and salsa hands down. And I think they're the closest I'm going to get to TexMex. Michael was a good enough sport to help me in my quest to fulfil in my perpetual TexMex cravings...

Spicy chicken tacos of some sort that had a sort of Indian flare to it
New potato taquitos
Broad bean quesadillas
Pork tacos (similar to the ones I had tried at the Jamie Oliver Food Festival)
Some kind of veggie taco

Overall, I have to say that the pork tacos were the best. I honestly wasn't too much of a fan of any of the others. I'm glad I tried it though.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures look great! You will be a pro in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete