Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Madrid

I could show you the few scenic pictures I took while in Madrid. But then I thought, let's just skip the formalities because really that was just filler time in between the next meal.

Let me show you what Madrid was all about. Tapas. Bar. Crawl. Fooooood!!!

Churros and Chocolate Sauce
(actually wasn't that great in my opinion)

My favourite spot in Madrid was the San Miguel market. They had tons of food you could buy in small portions for maximum variety!

1st tapas: smoked salmon
Some kind of cheese with apple on bread
Croquetas!!!! (cod, cheese, and spinach)
SUSHI!! This actually was my favourite of everything I ate in Madrid. I checked behind the counter and the chef was actually Japanese. I was dreaming about this the rest of the day, and I made Michael go back the next day (picture to follow).
Spanish wine
(wouldn't recommend)
Beer and cod croquetas at Tetuan 12 (would recommend!)
Sushi round 2 :)
"world famous" tortilla de patata (Spanish omelette) and mozzarella on toast at Juana La Loca
Quesadillas at Juana La Loca
"best mojitos in Madrid" at Delic cafe

We were pretty much sick of croquetas by the end of the weekend. I think we probably had a dozen each!

That pretty much sums up our trip to Madrid! Plus a visit to the Prado and palace. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment