Saturday, June 25, 2011

Do as the English Do

This post is all about cricket!!!!!
Just kidding. But, I did go to my first (perhaps last) cricket match the other week. It felt like going to a baseball game except I really didn't know what was going on or who was playing! Well, I guess that may be just like baseball to me!
Nonetheless it was an enjoyable and relaxing way to spend an evening. Too bad they don't have dollar hot dog nights here!

I have been doing lots of English things lately. I also recently went to the Lake District, which is pretty far north...almost to Scotland! Twelve of us foreigners went away to this quaint English countryside and stayed in this posh pad.
With a posh lawn. They never use the word backyard here...it's always lawn or garden.
The modern interior of our antique digs.
Oh, and this small English town really had it going on. Look at this beer selection at their local grocery store. This is better than anything I'd find in London!
This is the whole group during our one day of walking/wandering all over. We consist of Danish, Swedish, Spanish, Canadian, Italian, and of course Americans. And the less interesting fact is that we are all accountants.
Cute English countryside with cows and lots of sheep!
We finally made it to the top of an English mountain...meaning it wasn't very high at all.
Lake Windemere- England's longest lake (looks like a better version of the Thames).
View from the peak we climbed. Pretty gorgeous!
And the dance party we had that night to celebrate Swedish mid summer....which is apparently just as big as Christmas there and involves lots of drinking songs with illegally strong shots....and pickled herring (which should also be illegal).
The end.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures from your trip look gorgeous! I love that y'all had a dance party. I am sure you blew them away with your American dance moves!

    ReplyDelete