Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Markets

Well Christmas has come and passed, but I thought I would recap a little bit about Christmas in London. Christmas markets are a huge deal there and they have several around the city. Christmas markets in general are all over Europe this time of the year. I couldn't for the life of me understand how Christmas markets could stay in business and why people like to bring their kids there, but after going to the biggest one in the city in Hyde Park, it's all making sense!

Welcome to the Hyde Park Christmas market, or should I say carnival.
This totally reminded me of the Texas state fair but with less fried food and cold weather.

The markets are pretty much German themed, I guess because this all started in Germany. Here is a stand completely devoted to cookies.

And awesome rides!
London also had decorations all over the city, especially in heavy shopping areas. The window displays were fun to look at, but definitely not as impressive as in New York City.
This particular department store chose to go with a Christmas + alien theme.
London is definitely more charming in the winter when there are Christmas decorations all over. Now that the holidays are over, it will just be back to cold and dreary!

No comments:

Post a Comment