Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A proper English weekend, wedding and all!

This weekend Michael and I went to a proper English wedding in Beaulieu. It was a really beautiful wedding with lots of pretty hats and the backdrop of the beautiful English countryside. Michael was an usher in the wedding (groomsman) so he was decked out with a "morning suit" and top hat. I prepared myself by getting a fascinator.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The car the bride and groom arrived in.

Photobucket
In our fancy dress.

Photobucket
The bride and groom with their parents. Look at the hats!

Photobucket
The entire wedding party.

Photobucket

Looking dashing in his top hat.
Photobucket

Wedding guests with their fancy fascinators.
Photobucket

The marquee (tent) where the reception was.
Photobucket
Overall a good night!

This weekend I also got my patio furniture, where I am really enjoying in the 60 degree weather in August. I made full use of the patio furniture eating every meal.

Photobucket

I have also reluctantly succumbed to the traditional English breakfast. I made my first proper English breakfast this weekend and enjoyed it outside on the patio.

Photobucket

English breakfast involves a fried egg, tomato, mushrooms (seriously, I don't get it either!), fried bread, sausage, and English bacon (which is more like American ham).

Photobucket

I also have a cute cat that has been visiting me! It's very curious and always comes up to my door!

Photobucket

Also, apologies for the photos being cut off on my last couple of posts....I am working on fixing this! Until then, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fascinator. The photo of the two of you is a framer for sure!!

    ReplyDelete